A working 19th-century meal mill, Barry Mill is situated to the north of Barry village near Carnoustie in Angus. Rebuilt in 1814 following a fire, a mill has operated on this site since at least 1539. Barry Mill was the last water-powered meal mill to operate in Angus, producing oatmeal until the 1970s and animal feed until 1982. Damage to the mill lade brought an end to commercial operations and the buildings were subsequently acquired by the National Trust for Scotland in 1988. Now fully restored, the mill once again produces animal fodder.