Located on Lainshaw Drive on the southern boundary of the City of Glasgow, Linn Cemetery lies opposite Linn Crematorium a mile (1.5 km) northwest of Carmunnock. Covering at area of 24.3 ha (60 acres) the cemetery opened in 1961. Material removed during the building of the Clyde Tunnel was used to landscape the site.
Among those buried here are the Celtic footballer Tommy Burns (1956 - 2008). The cemetery includes a memorial garden for infants and still-born babies.
The White Cart Water lies just to the west of the cemetery, while New Carmunnock Cemetery lies a short distance to the southeast, with a Muslim cemetery being laid out adjacent.