Located at Kirklands, a quarter-mile (0.5 km) northwest of the town centre, Peebles Golf Club was founded in 1892, although it did not occupy this site until 1908. The course was remodelled by noted English golf-course designer Harry Colt in 1933/34 and is considered one of the finest in the Borders.
Now comprising a championship course of 6138 yards (5612 m) and par 70, it is regarded as a fine example of a challenging upland course. Peebles has hosted the Scottish Girls Strokeplay Championship, and Scottish Boys Team Championship; and the Scottish Girls Amateur Championship in 2006.
A new club-house was opened by HRH Prince Andrew, Duke of York, in 1998.