Located next to the world heritage industrial village of New Lanark the Falls of Clyde Wildlife Reserve is owned and managed by the Scottish Wildlife Trust. A visitor centre can be found at the old Dyeworks in New Lanark.
Within the reserve are three of the waterfalls which form part of the Falls of Clyde, all lying upstream of New Lanark, namely; Dundaff Linn, Corra Linn and Bonnington Linn. In the past, Dundaff Linn provided power for the New Lanark mills and the latter two are used as part of the Lanark Hydro-Electric Scheme.
Over the years, the Falls of Clyde have proved popular with artists, including works by Jacob More (1740-93) and English painter J.M.W. Turner.