Located at Kirkintilloch Cross, between West High Street and the Cowgate, the Auld Kirk Museum is housed in one of the oldest buildings in Kirkintilloch. Serving as the town's principal museum, it holds exhibits on local history, art and photography.
The Grade A-listed building was constructed in 1644 on the site of a 14th century chapel and was used for worship until 1914, by which time it was proving too small for the congregation. A new church was built at Townhead Bridge but the Auld Kirk continued in use as a Sunday School. In 1941 the Town Council took on the building and it opened as a museum in 1961. Many of its original features have been retained.