Today Lochend House stands forlorn, overlooking Lochend Park, surrounded by security cameras. It is owned by the Edinburgh Council and used as a children's centre. Built around 1820, Lochend House incorporates the remaining gable of Lochend Castle, the home of the Logans of Restalrig, which was destroyed in the late 16th Century.
A 16th Century beehive doo'cot, which once belonged to the castle, lies at the north end of Lochend Park.
Lochend House has given its name to a multi-storey public housing block lying between Lochend and Restalrig.