A mansion house, now sub-divided, Cullen House lies on the right bank of the Burn of Deskford, a half-mile (1 km) to the southwest of the resort town of Cullen in Moray. It was for a long time the home of the Earls of Seafield.
Originally a 16th C. L-plan castle, it was extended in 1600 and 1711. The interior was remodelled by architects James and Robert Adam in 1767. Rebuilt in 1820, the village of Cullen, which had previously been adjacent to the house, was rebuilt some distance away to enable the creation of fine park-land setting. The house was enlarged in 1861 by David Bryce (1803-76).
The contents, including a notable library of more than 10,000 volumes and a fine collection of paintings, were sold in 1975 and the house sold shortly afterwards to be converted into luxury flats.
Not far away is Old Cullen, a Georgian dower house, which is now the residence of the Earl and Countess of Seafield.