Eorsa, a small island of Kilfinichen and Kilvickeon parish, Argyllshire, on the W side of Mull, in Lochna-Keal, 2 miles NE of Inch Kenneth. It belonged anciently to the Abbey of Iona, and is now the property of the Duke of Argyll. It was described in 1549, by Dean Munro, as ` fertile and full of corn, ' but now is used only for sheep pasture.
Note: This text has been made available using a process of scanning and
optical character recognition. Despite manual checking, some typographical
errors may remain. Please remember this description dates from
the 1880s; names may have changed, administrative divisions will certainly be
different and there are known to be occasional errors of fact in the original
text, which we have not corrected because we wish to maintain its integrity.
This information is provided subject to our standard disclaimer