Glenorchy and Inishail is a coastal parish, which lies in Argyll and Bute Council Area, some 4 miles (7 km) southwest of Bridge of Orchy in Argyll and Bute and 11 miles (18 km) northwest of Crianlarich in Stirling.
It is located in the old county of Argyllshire, which disappeared following the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1974.
The parish has an area of 617.3 sq. km (238.3 sq. miles). Glenorchy and Inishail has 8 neighbouring parishes; namely Ardchattan & Muckairn, Ardchattan & Muckairn, Fortingall, Inveraray, Kilchrenan & Dalavich, Killin, Lismore & Appin and Lochgoilhead & Kilmorich. The boundaries of this parish were modified among significant changes recommended by the Boundary Commissioners after the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1889.