Renfrew is a small parish, which lies on the River Clyde in Renfrewshire Council Area, some 2 miles (4 km) south of Clydebank in West Dunbartonshire and 2 miles (4 km) northeast of Paisley in Renfrewshire.
It is located in the old county of Renfrewshire, which disappeared following the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1974.
The parish has an area of 7.2 sq. km (2.8 sq. miles). Renfrew has 4 neighbouring parishes; namely Govan, New Kilpatrick, Old Kilpatrick and Paisley. The boundaries of this parish were modified among significant changes recommended by the Boundary Commissioners after the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1889.