A Victorian mansion house located in Eastwood Park, a half-mile (1 km) southwest of Giffnock, Eastwood House was the former home of industrialist William, Viscount Weir (1877 - 1959). The house and estate were acquired by Renfrew County Council in 1968 and the house was opened by Viscount Muirshiel in 1971 following a complete renovation. It now serves as a function and marriage suite.
The estate was once the property of the Earls of Eglinton, but bought by Thomas Smith in 1845, and the house was built some time after that. In 1864 the house and estate were acquired by Joseph Wakefield, a partner in Inglis & Wakefield who ran the Busby Printworks. Later, the house became the property was ship-builder David Tod who enlarged it in 1893, adding a bow window and new entrance. Lord Weir bought the estate in 1914.