Located off Skene Road, to the north of Hazlehead Golf Course, Aberdeen Crematorium (sometimes referred to as Hazlehead Crematorium) occupies a woodland setting, 4 miles (6 km) west of Aberdeen city centre. It opened in 1975 and is run by Aberdeen City Council. The crematorium includes two chapels; the West Chapel accommodates 270 mourners, while the smaller East Chapel has a seating capacity of 96. 2316 cremations were undertaken in 2011.
A Memorial Chapel and Garden situated close to the entrance displays plaques commemorating the deceased around the walls, on seats and planters. A Garden of Remembrance is available for the disposal of ashes and Books of Remembrance are displayed within the crematorium offices.
Aberdeen's first crematorium was built off Broomhill Road in Kaimhill between 1935-37 and was extended in 1953. Also run by the local Authority, this is no longer operational although remains as a Hall of Remembrance.