Spynie is a parish, which lies in Moray Council Area, some 2 miles (3 km) northwest of Elgin and 10 miles (17 km) east of Forres in Moray.
It is located in the old county of Moray, which disappeared following the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1974.
The parish has an area of 23.8 sq. km (9.1 sq. miles). Spynie has 5 neighbouring parishes; namely Alves, Drainie, Duffus, Elgin and St Andrews-Lhanbryd. The boundaries of this parish were modified among significant changes recommended by the Boundary Commissioners after the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1889.