West Saltoun is a hamlet of East Lothian, located 2 miles (3 km) east of Pencaitland and to a mile (1.5 km) west of East Saltoun, although it is much smaller than its pair. Nearby, to the west, is the Birns Water.
West Saltoun was once served by a branch-line railway, with Saltoun station lying a half-mile (1 km) west of the village. The railway was never greatly successful and closed to passengers in 1933 and completely in 1960. Its route has been retained as a cycle track.
Saltoun Hall is located a half-mile (1 km) to the north. This is a castellated Gothic edifice, which was built in 1817 by William Burn.