The name of two villages on the Water of Girvan in South Ayrshire. New Dailly (or simply Dailly) lies 5½ miles (9 km) northeast of Girvan. This superseded Old Dailly which had grown near an ancient ford 3 miles (5 km) to the southeast. New Dailly was a planned village erected in the 1760s close to coal mines that were worked until the 1960s. A coal pit at nearby Dalquharran caught fire in 1849 and burned for half a century. Extensive post-war housing in New Dailly replaced many of the older run-down buildings.