A settlement at a bridge over the River Leven just south of Windygates in South Fife. Situated 2 miles (3 km) west of Leven, it was the first upstream crossing of the river when the ford at Leven was flooded. An earlier bridge was rebuilt in 1870. A distillery was established here by John Haig in 1824, which is now one of the largest producers of grain spirit in Scotland. The B-listed Cameron House was built by the Haigs in 1849 and was the early home of Field Marshall Douglas Haig (1861 - 1928). It became the administration block for an infectious diseases hospital built here in 1911, which evolved into a local general hospital, Cameron Hospital. A branch railway here was last used in the 1990s but remains extant although now in poor condition.