A village in highland Perth and Kinross, Kenmore is situated at the eastern end of Loch Tay 9 miles (14.5 km) west of Aberfeldy. Kenmore was created as a model village by the 3rd Earl of Breadalbane who built cottages on either side of the square in 1760 and a bridge over the Tay in 1774 to replace the earlier settlement of Inchadney which lay at a ford over the Tay.
The 4th Earl demolished the nearby Castle of Balloch in 1799 and replaced it with Taymouth Castle which was completed in 1842 in time for the visit of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. The estate and castle were eventually sold by the Campbells of Breadalbane in 1920.
At the nearby Scottish Crannog Centre (Croft na Caber) on Loch Tay a crannog or lake dwelling has been reconstructed to a design based on the findings from the excavation of the 2500-year-old Oakbank Crannog located off the village of Fearnan. Today Kenmore is a tourist resort and centre of water sports and golfing.