A location and scattered community on the left bank of the Lugton Water in North Ayrshire, Fergushill lies a half-mile (0.8 km) northwest of Benslie and 1½ miles (2.5 km) east of Kilwinning. Today there are farms at North Fergushill and South Fergushill, but this was once an area of coal-mining and a collier village was established here by the coal company of Messrs. Finnie & Son. This comprised seven rows of cottages and was home to a population of 537 in 1881. By 1913, the population had declined to 63. The village was later demolished and little trace remains. There was also a tile-works here in the 1850s.