Lying 6 miles (10 km) southeast of Dunbar and 2 miles (3 km) west of Cockburnspath, towards the easternmost extent of East Lothian, Oldhamstocks lies on a hillside overlooking the North Sea. Built primarily in a distinctive purple stone, the name Oldhamstocks means 'old dwelling place'.
The late-Mediaeval parish church was extended with the addition of the Hepburn Aisle in 1581. The church was further altered in 1701 and 1930. 17th and 18th Century memorials can be found in the kirkyard, although many are in poor condition. The green at the centre of the village includes a Mercat Cross and pump.
Mineral water is bottled commercially at Woollands Farm a quarter-mile (0.5 km) to the south.