A small roadside settlement in a parish of the same name in the Banff district of N Aberdeenshire, King Edward lies on the A947 4 miles (6.5 km) south of Macduff and 5 miles (8 km) north of Turriff. There is a school here, and the B-listed parish church was the work of A. & W. Reid of Elgin, dating from 1848. This replaced an earlier church which was a foundation of St. Aidan c.1124. William Guild (1586 - 1657), later Principal of King's College in Aberdeen, was the minister here in the early 17th century. Between 1860 and 1951 there was a railway station at King Edward; the line closed and was lifted ten years later.
The remains of the Castle of King Edward lie a mile (1.5 km) to the south southeast.