Combs, St, a fishing village in Lonmay parish, NE Aberdeenshire, 5 miles ESE of Fraserburgh. It carries on valuable cod and herring fisheries; contains a public school; and down to 1608 had a church, dedicated to St Colm or Columba.
Note: This text has been made available
using a process of scanning and
optical character recognition. Despite manual checking, some typographical
errors may remain. Please remember this description dates from
the 1880s; names may have changed, administrative divisions will certainly be
different and there are known to be occasional errors of fact in the original
text, which we have not corrected because we wish to maintain its integrity.
This information is provided subject to our