A former mining and textile weaving village in central Clackmannanshire, which now forms a northeastern suburb of Alloa, Sauchie (or New Sauchie) is situated on high ground on the route to Tillicoultry. The Parish Church of Sauchie and Coalsnaughton dates from 1841 and many of the older cottages are built of red sandstone. Old Sauchie lies a mile (1.5 km) to the north, around Sauchie Tower. There are annexes of Clackmannan College in Sauchie and the Carsebridge Business Centre is the focal point for electronic, textile and construction industries. The Gartmorn Dam Country Park lies a mile (1.5 km) to the east.